Eases on the terms for the unemployment fund
The government has decided to reduce the requirements and raise the maximum level of benefit to dampen the negative effects of the Corona-crises on the Swedish economy.
One month as a member will count as four
Each month as a member will count as four months during the period March until December 2020. This means that, that after three months of membership, you may already be entitled to income-based benefit, up to 80 percent of your previous salary. In normal cases, you should have been required to have been a member for at least twelve months.
The requirement of worked time is reduced
In normal cases, you should have worked about half-time for six months to be entitled to benefit from us. Now it is enough if you have worked
- at least 60 hours per month for six of the last twelve months
- or at least 40 hours per month and 420 hours in total for a continous period of six months.
Higher insurance levels
Benefit have been raised to:
- 1 200 Swedish krona per day, for the first 100 days, if you meet the conditions for income-based benefit
- 1 000 Swedish krona per day, from day 101, if you meet the conditions for income-based benefit
- 510 Swedish krona per day if your meet the conditions for basic benefit.
The level of benefit depends among other things on how much you have worked, what you have earned and how long you have been a member of an unemployment fund.
Qualifying period from 2021
Between 30 March 2020 and 3 January 2021, you could receive benefit from us from the first day of your unemployment. For benefit payable from January 4th 2021, you will have a qualifying period of six days without benefit.
Easier for entrepreneurs to get benefit
You who run your own company can have the business dormant during 2020 without it affecting your right to benefit from the unemployment fund in the future. In the normal case, you should have worked in the company for at least five years before you can receive benefit from the unemployment insurance fund if your company is dormant again. However, you can always seek benefit from us if you close the business completely.
For an entrepreneur with a dormant business, from July 1, 2020, it will be allowed to take certain limited measures in the dormant company:
- update the website or social media to a limited extent or maintaining a limited customer or supplier contact (provided that these measures are intended to resume operations later on)
The rules are temporary
These terms and conditions of benefit apply for a limited time only. All cases that we handle after these temporary rules have expired are subject to the usual rules.